Butternut Squash and Kale Risotto
As the summer nights start to draw in, a warm, hearty meal is all we need!
Courtesy of Morrisons, we bring you the delicious butternut squash and kale risotto. You’ll feel right at home with this vegetarian classic. This squash and kale risotto deglazed with white wine, Italian-style hard cheese and butter is super simple to make and takes just 25 mins to cook! The perfect post-work dinner!
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 butternut squash
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pack curly kale, curly
- 125ml white wine
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50g Italian-style hard cheese, shavings
- 50g butter
- 340g Arborio rice
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Peel and dice the squash to 10mm chunks, finely chop the onion, crush garlic and wash and trim 1/3 of the kale removing any stalks.
- Mix the veg stock cube in a pan with a litre of water, then bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- In another large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions, cook gently without browning, for around 5 minutes. Add the garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Next, add rice and stir well to coat in oil for a couple of minutes. Then, add wine and stir well. (Meanwhile put the squash in a roasting dish with a little oil and roast for 15 minutes at 180 degrees)
- Add the stock little by little and cook over a moderate heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat the process until all the stock is used up and the rice is al dente. You may not need to use all the stock.
- Stir the roast squash, trimmed kale and Italian-style hard cheese into the cooked rice and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with butter. Plate up and tuck in!
Find the recipe at Morrisons here